Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Next!

Honey War is this weekend and as usual, I have left it to the last minute to realize that while I have many pretty new things to wear and show off, my indulgent husband does not. Poor Dave! Readers of my blog will remember that in the past, I made a new kirtle for myself in a week. Let's see if I can make a new linen shirt for   Dave by Saturday morning.

I have chosen a few yards of wine-colored linen from my stash. I'm using my usual "Dave shirt" pattern for a collared tunic that isn't exactly 14th century, but we both like the look of it. Besides, Dave has never chosen a persona, and his taste in dress leans towards the fanciful, and I am also indulgent in my own way. He has said some silver embroidery on the collar and cuffs would be nice, and I hope to have time enough to accommodate that wish.

Last night I ironed the cloth and cut out the pattern pieces. Today I will turn and press the seams and hand stitch them. I can probably get all the pieces done by tonight, and maybe even start stitching them together. Pictures to follow -- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment