Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's not ALL sewing...


It's time-consuming, but delicious. This year's loaves of Marzipanstollen came out of the oven last night, and made a terrific breakfast this morning. Raisins, dried apricots, apples, cranberries -- all soaked in brandy for a day or two, then kneaded into the sweet dough and rolled up with a ribbon of marzipan swirled through. Also incredibly good toasted.

(I put a link to the recipe I use in the comments. One thing, though -- I soak the fruit for 24 hours, sometimes more, not just the hour they recommend. I like my fruit absolutely bombed.)

4 comments:

  1. Where's the recipe?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here! http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-breadrec19bdec19,0,6429577.story Nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! On pasting this into your browser leave out the "Nom nom nom"

    ReplyDelete