Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I always wanted a pony!

This is "Arthur". I've been looking for a way to use up the little bits and scraps left over from garment construction, and finally hit on the idea of little toys. What could be cuter? This pony turned out better than I hoped, but I think next time I'll make the nose less pointy. The bridle is only tied-on yarn right now, but I'm going to embroider one onto him so that it can never be pulled off and lost. The decorative saddle and blanket are removable, however.

The knight comes next, then another pony and a fair maiden, of course. Someone has to rescue that knight when he gets into trouble. Then, what do you think: a dragon, or a different kind of monster? Maybe an evil wizard? ...I sense a collection growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment