Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Epic?


Today's doctor appointment brought surprising news: the pain in my elbow is lateral epicondylitis, a breakdown of specific elbow tendons caused by repetitive motions. Another name for it is Tennis Elbow.

How did I get this condition, since I don't play tennis? Why, by sewing, of course. Stitching by hand. Poking a needle through fabric over and over and over, thousands of times.

Who knew?

I assured the nice doctor that there was no way I was going to stop sewing, so now I have an appointment in two weeks to visit a physical therapist who will show me exercises I can do to improve the way my elbow functions. Hooray.

Doesn't that picture up there make it look painful? Yeesh, I want an ice pack just looking at it.

...okay, enough of that. Now to go finish up the bone channels on my corset.


No comments:

Post a Comment