Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new book!



The thrift store comes through again, this time with a book put out by the National Geographic Society way back in 1971 called The_Vikings .


Even though it is summertime and in the 80s here, I am thinking of frostier climes and rocky fields where hardy folk toil to survive in a bleak, challenging land. I haven't had a chance to do more than give this one a cursory glance, but I am encouraged by the fact that it's NatGeo, and there aren't any pictures of men in furry loincloths wearing horned helmets.


And there are great pictures! The faces of the people are real and filled with emotion. And I'm digging the representations of the clothing: colorful and inspiringly trimmed and decorated. I can't wait for cooler weather, so I can sew wools without sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment