Saturday, June 28, 2014

Belt tip?

Okay, I think I found something that will pass as a suitable belt tip. It's actually a piece of a small brass easel. I got two of them as a set from the thrift shop for three dollars, and it was just a little quick work with a hacksaw to cut off the bit that I wanted to use. A metal file took off the sharp edges, and then I drilled a few small holes to allow me to sew it in place. I think it looks pretty good. The only problem is, it's too big to fit through the buckle I found for the other end. Just have to thread it through and then sew the tip on, I guess. That's not so bad.


The two easels were slightly different, as you can see in the picture. I can't remember what made me choose the one I did, as I actually like the other one better, but I'm sure I had a good reason. Maybe the one I didn't use was a tiny bit wider. Whatever. It looks pretty good for a buck and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment